The big day is here! It’s time for your first vein treatment. Are you feeling a little nervous? That’s okay. Many of our patients are when it’s their first treatment. We thought that a handy checklist on how to prepare for before and after your treatment might help.
- Make sure you understand your treatment. We know that your initial consultation might be a little overwhelming. There’s so much information. Our doctors are great at explaining the procedures clearly, but we know you may still have questions. Give us a call if you’re still nervous. We’ll do our best to make sure you know what is going to happen.
- Bring a partner. Even if you think you don’t need a partner to support you, we always encourage you to have one, especially if you undergo sedation for the procedure. It’s also best to have some support and someone who knows your medical history and can advocate for you if needed.
- Wear comfortable clothes. You will be a little sore after your procedure, so bust out those sweatpants. We recommend easy to slip on shoes as well to avoid bending over.
- Make sure you have all your insurance and procedure paperwork completed. Our reception team and billing team will help you stay on top of this!
- Get your compression stockings. Please don’t wait until after the procedure to buy compression stockings. They are a vital part of your aftercare. Your doctor will specify which type you may need and provide instructions for wearing them.
- Stock up the fridge. The last thing you need to worry about should be cooking dinner. Though recovery is quick, it’s still a good practice to do a little meal prep beforehand.
- Buy some new walking shoes. Walking is one of the best things you can do after treatment. Your doctor will work with you to outline a plan for returning to exercise, and it will include walking!
- Stock up on healthy fluids. After a medical procedure, it’s important to stay hydrated. We recommend drinking lots of water and other healthy fluids.
- Prepare a comfortable spot to put your feet up. Don’t expect to be on the couch for long. Most patients recover within a day or two, but you still may want to put your feet up for a bit. Grab some pillows and a comfortable blanket for some downtime.
- Be ready to show off your legs. It may take a few sessions, but before you know it, you’re going to see fantastic results. So buy that new skirt, swimsuit or shorts. It’s time to show off your legs!
If you are just starting on your vein treatment journey, follow this list and your doctor’s recommendations. Aftercare is an important part of getting good treatment results, and it’s up to you!